Duran Duran will be performing in Hyde Park on July 27th as part of the BT London Live: Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert. The band has been given ten very-hard-to-come-by tickets for entry in to Hyde Park on the 27th. Five (5) lucky VIP fan community members and a guest will receive tickets for this historic performance by Duran Duran courtesy of the band and the VIP Fan Community.
We will notify the winners NO LATER THAN July 14, 2012
Winners must be at least 16 years old with valid ID
Please ONLY enter the contest if you can personally attend as the tickets are not transferable. Winners be notified and will receive details no later than July 14, 2012. If you win and choose not to attend you will be ineligible for future contests.
Gates open at 4pm GMT. This is a GENERAL ADMISSION/STANDING SHOW in London's Hyde Park, Rangers Lodge, Hyde Park, London, W2 2UH on July 27th. Duran Duran is one of several acts playing on this day.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OFFICIAL RULES (Please read carefully):
1. INTRODUCTION. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION IS NECESSARY. By entering a Contest, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Duran Duran & World Wide Fan Clubs ("WWFC") ["Contest Administrators"] and Sponsor(s), whose decisions shall be final and binding. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Contest is open only to individuals who are 16 years of age or older at the time of entry (unless otherwise stated). The Contest is void in any other nation, state, or province where prohibited or restricted by U.S. or local law. Employees of Duran Duran, WWFC, the participating sponsors and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, accountants, attorneys, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives and any other person or entity associated with this Contest, including their advertising and promotional agencies, (collectively, "Contest Entities"), and their immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, siblings and grandparents) are NOT eligible to win. By entering any Contest, entrants agree to waive any and all claims against Contest Entities for personal injury, damage or loss of any kind which may result from participation in the Contest or from the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use of any prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Fill out the entry form. Five (5) community members will be randomly chosen from entries.
4. PRIZES. Each member who wins shall receive two (2) tickets to the BT London Live: Opening Ceremony Celebration Concert July 27th, 2012 in London, England. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for Prizes except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Limit: One Prize per person/family/household. Any Prize Winner shall sometimes be referred to hereinafter as the "Winner." No transfer, substitution or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winning entry will be deemed submitted by the e-mail account holder associated with such entry, as solely determined by Sponsor. Installation, insurance, registration, taxes, and any fees or costs associated with the prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winner agrees to look solely to manufacturer for any warranties on the equipment awarded.
5. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION. Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about one (1) business day after the last day to submit entries, by Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions will be final. Winner will be notified by e-mail and/or by phone. If Sponsor or its designee is unable to contact potential Winner by e-mail or phone (using the contact information provided at the time of entry) and/or if the potential Winner fails to respond to notification within two (2) business days of issuance, the potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit his or her right to a prize, and an alternate Winner will be selected. All participants should provide up-to-date contact information in their profile, so that Duran Duran and WWFC can contact them as quickly as possible in the event that he or she wins the Competition.
6. WINNER'S AFFIDAVIT. Each Winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release, a written version of these Rules and any additional documentation, waivers and releases that may be required (collectively, "Affidavit"). The Affidavit may require that each Winner provide his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes due to potential payments from Sponsor to the Winner and will be used solely for such tax purposes. The requirement for a publicity release shall be void where prohibited. The Affidavit will provide that by acceptance of the prize, the Winner releases Sponsor from any and all liability for injuries, damages or expenses sustained in connection with the Contest or with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize. Failure to sign the Affidavit may cause the Winner to forfeit the prize. Failure of the Winner to respond to notification and/or to complete and return the Affidavit within one week after sent to such Winner will be deemed a forfeiture of the prize and an alternate Winner will be selected from the eligible entries.
7. GENERAL. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and an Alternate Winner will be selected. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income tax) arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize Winner. Except where prohibited by law, each Winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use said Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. This Contest is subject to these official rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these official rules. Winners and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities, and the officers, employees and agents of each, from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor. Submissions (if applicable) become the property of Duran Duran and WWFC. All submission shall be the sole property of Duran Duran and WWFC and its powering companies. Any use of the contents without the express written consent of Duran Duran, WWFC, or its powering companies, is strictly prohibited.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Contest Entities which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Contest Entities reserve the right to disqualify any individual who causes any such problem, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or any problem or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, or any combination thereof, which may limit an entrant's ability to participate in this Contest.
By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs, associated with entering the Contest, but in no event will attorneys' fees be awarded or recoverable; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Each winner, by accepting a prize, agrees to release and hold harmless Contest Entities from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, which may result from the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use or misuse of such prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the entrant's rights of publicity or privacy, or the entrant's claim that he/she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light).
Contest Entities do not assume any responsibility for any schedule changes in the Contest timeline, including without limitation, scheduling conflicts, labor strikes, Acts of God, or other unforeseen events that disrupt the Contest schedule. Contest Entities reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend this Contest.
ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR CONTEST ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION'S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN. EACH PERSON WHO PARTICIPATES IN THIS CONTEST AGREES THAT UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OVER ANY SUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR BASED UPON THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR CONTEST ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST AND EACH HEREBY WAIVES ANY CLAIM THAT IS NOT SUBJECT PERSONALLY TO THE JURISDICTION OF SAID COURTS OR THAT ANY SUCH SUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING IS BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM OR IMPROPER VENUE.
9. CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR. Duran Duran and WWFC.
*****CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED*****